Centre for Stress Management
Established in 1987
Providing training and consultancy services for over 35 years
All courses are now delivered using the zoom virtual training platform
Primary Certificate in Redundancy Coaching and Counselling
Given the current economic climate, this course covers the coaching and counselling skills required to help deal with and manage redundancy within a team or company or support your clients to manage this difficult reality. This 2-day workshop is designed to help manager and HR professionals to deal with difficult times within their organisations. This course is also aimed at coaches and counsellors who want to improve their skills in this area.
NB. This is an introductory to intermediate Level 5 programme and may not be suitable for experienced coaches and counsellors.
To provide an overview of the effects of redundancy on individuals and to develop skills and strategies drawn from coaching and counselling.
• Review the importance of work for individuals
• Understand the effects of redundancy on individuals
• Develop relevant coaching and counselling skills and strategies to help individuals facing redundancy
• Develop skills from cognitive behavioural coaching (CBC) and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to help alleviate the more serious negative effects of redundancy such as depression and loss of self-esteem and confidence
• Develop processing skills to respond to both the positive and negative personal and emotional reactions to redundancy
• Take stock: evaluate the possibilities in the context of change and new circumstances
• Move forward: explore new goals and pathways
POST PROGRAMME REVIEW & CERTIFICATE
A CPD certificate is provided for all attendees. Learners wishing to obtain a Certificate of Achievement need to submit a 750 word Post Programme Review.
The trainer is Nick Edgerton, Dr Siobhain O’Riordan or Prof Stephen Palmer.
PLEASE READ: GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION